Wednesday, August 23, 2006

R.I.P. SEAN




Sean Moore 1/23/1983 - 8/22/06

Gunman enters home, kills man
By Marlene Naanes
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted August 23 2006

A masked gunman walked calmly into an Orleans Street home, passed two women sitting in the living room and fatally shot a 23-year-old man taking a midday nap in a bedroom, police said Tuesday.The gunman shut Sean Moore's bedroom door before shooting him and didn't make eye contact or say anything as he passed the women when he entered or left through the unlocked front door, police said. He was last seen walking away from the home wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt, a blue bandana over his face, and jeans, police said.Neither Moore's girlfriend, Tammy Mullen, 24, nor her mother, Rita Mullen, were injured. His girlfriend's brother, Thomas Mullen, 20, was asleep in another bedroom. Police spread out over a three-block radius of the home, at 7908 Orleans St., with several dogs, more than 20 investigators and helicopters overhead, but did not find the gunman, who is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds. "We believe it wasn't a random shooting," said police spokesman Bill Robertson. Moore's family was in shock when they found out about the shooting, wondering who would target their son. Moore, who was working at a hurricane shutter installation business, was working toward a license for a better paying and steady job as a commercial machine operator, said his father, George Lopez. He also wanted to marry Mullen, his longtime girlfriend, and have children, Lopez said."He was a cool person, a good friend, all that," said 16-year-old Lewis Ping. "He was like a brother."

I only wish everyone could have had the same connection I had with Sean. He had this energy that radiated thru everyone he met. His big, beautiful, blue eyes was not the only thing that dru me to him. When i first met him, I was dating Billy. He didn't care who I was dating...it coulda been the pope and he still woulda flirted. "come on Debi, lemme take you to my private island" i would always kid back saying..."sure, lets go." he was dating Tammy...for a looong time and we all knew it was only joking. When Billy and I broke up all my friends split apart, Eddie and I went to their house to talk and find relief. We went over there everyday for a year. Tammy and I became close friends and Sean and I developed the same kind of deep friendship. He always stuck up for me, always was there if i needed him, and no questions asked. As we grew closer Tammy and I talked about all of us getting a place together. Sean finally decided to agree to renting, which was something he didn't want to do, he wanted to buy. We looked and looked, couldn't find anything we liked. Finally came across a place that was perfect and we were ready. Cassies mom wanted me outta the house so i asked Tammy if i could live there. They let me and things got closer. I lived there for three months and Tammy and Sean started fighting a lot, Sean would talk to me and tell me he loved her (after all they had been together 7 years) just couldn't take the fighting. Plans fell thru about moving out, Tammy lost her job and they were fighting too much anyhow. After a huge fight between them one night i decided to move back to my parents house, we really didn't talk to much after i left, i thought they didn't wanna talk to me and vice-versa. Sean and i still spoke online almost once a week. Now that hes gone, i don't know what i miss about him most, whether its his eyes, his smile, his goofy laugh that was so contagious, his way of always making me feel good about myself, or the way he loved me and my whole family. I could care less about the things he did to others or why...i knew it then and I still loved him...i know it now and it doesn't matter. He was the only guy I knew that could take words right outta my head, make sense of it and have the balls to say it outloud without me saying a word. I'll miss every single thing about him. I can picture him in my head and hear him talking...I guess you never are ready to lose someone so close to you, especially a friend, but i haven't been able to even sleep without seeing his face in my memories. I pray the person who did this will pay, and i will see you in Heaven Sean, I love you. Before he died him and Tammy were ready to move and start a life outside of Miramar. Things were looking up...and its so sad that they never got to start a family. I will never forget you Sean, you will exist in my heart, forever!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god, that is terrible. Sorry for your loss.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

thanks hun, im trying to deal with it....it may be all you hear for a lil...

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home